Thursday, September 9, 2010

Hula with the Yavapai Apache Nation

We (Maryella, Paul and I) have been working with the youth and ladies of the Yavapai Apache Nation located in Middle Verde, AZ and getting them ready to perform the hula for their tribe. Its something they seemed real bashful to do but I have to say I was absolutely impressed with the out come. We practiced two days a week for almost two hours each time. He Mele No Lilo was the first number and the keiki's performed it. They looked stunning and colorful then ladies did He'ia which is a stunning number. All the gals but one had a Hawaiian parent which was very surprising for me and they looked gorgeous. The boys performed the Haka and were excellent warriors. It was an event worth seeing! I love the people of the Yavapai Apache Nation.



No comments:

Post a Comment